Azure Architect Job
Location: Remote – UK Wide
Salary: £115,000 to £120,000 (DOE) + Benefits including Car Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting-edge technologies. They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied, interesting, and exposing you to new technologies.
With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures. My client offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy, what they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
As Azure Technical Architect you will be responsible for delivering both pre and post sales technical consultancy to their customers, leading teams of consultants in delivery engagements as well as providing pre-sales qualification, bid response and design to consultancy engagements. As a senior team member, the Technical Architect is responsible for providing technical leadership to the team and providing guidance to internal and external customers in defining complex technical strategies with leading edge technologies.
You will have an in-depth understanding of cloud-based architectures, specifically Azure. As part of this role, you will be responsible for providing Azure delivery expertise to deliver infrastructure that meets business’ requirements within their overall IT strategy. As a predominately client facing role you will have proven skills in working with customers to design and implement modern, scalable Azure based solutions & services, an understanding of Cloud Adoption Framework, Azure Devops and Enterprise Scale Landing Zone. This role is UK based, and will involve travel to office and client sites.
You will be responsible for:
- Influencing and shaping Microsoft Azure solutions during pre-sales engagements. To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly technical individual with solid hands on capability as a Technical Designer, Solution Lead or Architect with the ability to transform and enhance client vision and outcomes into a winning solution.
- Providing qualification of solutions approach and producing engagement documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Thought leadership for, peers, internal clients, our customers and partners.
- Providing opportunity-specific Technical Assurance, Quality Assurance, Governance & Customer
- Pre and post-sales consultancy engagements.
- Building, maintaining and enhancing delivery capability for a specific technical portfolio.
- Leading customer meetings to understand and articulate/ steer the customer cloud transformation agenda, influencing and building relationships up to CxO level, defining technical strategy and business impact for the company and customer on their cloud journey.
- Working closely on a day-to-day basis with the Azure Solution Lead to drive customer conversations, lead service development and carry out research and development.
- Maintaining an active and engaged technical community across the practice in support of relevant area of expertise.
- Working with the Azure Practice Lead, Pre-Sales Infrastructure Architect and Solution Lead in the creation of customer whitepapers and case studies.
- Maintaining a high level of industry awareness through training and self-development, providing both market and technical evaluation of emerging technologies.
- Working with the Azure Practice Lead, Pre-Sales Infrastructure Architect and Solution Lead in managing and building important relationships directly with Microsoft UK.
- Building important relationships directly with the CTO, Pre-Sales Managers, Sales Specialists and Solution Leads.
- Serving as an Azure evangelist, consulting and providing technical guidance on Azure design, governance, performance, scalability, security, operations and cost control best practices
- Assessing the customer cloud maturity, review existing Azure cloud implementations, identify gaps and suggest improvements
- Designing Azure architecture to enable cloud migration programs, analyse existing application and IT services portfolios, develop assets’ migration, transformation and automation approach, craft implementation roadmaps.
- Leading the customer through the technical and organisational challenges of Cloud and DevOps transformation.
- Attending and presenting at customer workshops and meetings.
- Ensuring that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
- Providing technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Leading the team in defining, designing and implementing solutions for our customers
- Identifying other service and sales opportunities.
- Keeping up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies.
- Attending customer meetings to present solutions from a technical and implementation approach
- Highlighting any technical risks that may impact the success of the solution for our client
You will have experience in following base infrastructure concepts within Azure:
- Technical Governance.
- Azure IaaS, SaaS and PaaS Services, including – Azure Cloud Adoption Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework, Cost Optimisation
- Azure Managing Network and Applications – Azure Logic Apps, Azure Service Bus, Azure API Management, Azure Key Vault concepts, Azure Resource Management (ARM) templates, Azure Service Fabric or Kubernetes, Azure Storage Solutions, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Sentinel, Azure Firewall, Azure AD, Azure Monitor, Azure Backup, Azure Security Centre, Azure Policy, Azure Automation
- Azure DevOps, execute Agile methodology within the tool
- Source Code Version Control tools such as TFVC and Git ·
- Data standards like JSON and XML.
- Terraform, Ansible etc.
- PowerShell and ARM templates
- DevOps change management and philosophy
- API design and development
- Microservices architectural style and design principles· Domain-driven design
- Cloud Cost Management and Optimization tools such as VMWare Cloud Health / Cloud Checker.
- Automation by Infrastructure as a Code – Terraform, ARM, Powershell and/or Python
- Azure Site Recovery, Azure Migrate and/or Microsoft MAP Toolkit.
- Understanding of concepts such as virtualization, containerization, auto-scaling, experience with GIT, CI/CD integration toolchains, building fault-tolerant solutions and fully automated systems
- Hardening of modern operating systems, web and application servers, databases and proxies.
To apply for this Azure Architect Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6080