Azure DevOps Architect
Location: Remote– UK Wide
Salary: £75,000 to £80,000 (DOE) + Benefits including 10% Car Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an award-winning Microsoft Partner who delivers customer centric IT solutions to a variety of enterprise level clients. For over 30 years, they have empowered their customers to work smarter and run their businesses more effectively, with long standing relationships in both the public and private sector. They are a top 3 Movere partner and one of only 12 Microsoft “Fastrack ready” partners with a UK wide team size of just over 250 Microsoft IT professionals.
Our client is looking to hire a Devops Architect with a strong focus on Microsoft Azure and delivery automation. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and capable technologist, responsible for evangelising, designing, and delivering cloud-based environments in Azure. This is a hands-on delivery role in a wider multi-disciplinary team, with particular focus on customer interaction.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with customers at all skill levels to identify and utilise the benefits of public cloud, articulating long-term roadmaps, risks, and opportunities.
- Development of cost estimates for cloud transformation, including cloud consumption, delivery effort, and service charges.
- Production of design documentation for customer environments aligned to internal standards, and aligned with external guidance such as CAF, NSCS CyberSecurity, and vendor recommendations.
- Contributing to team standards and processes.
- Working with multidisciplinary teams to collaboratively deliver high quality code assets.
- Discovering, assessing, learning, and sharing new technologies, cloud platform features, and frameworks with both colleagues and customers.
- Demonstrating proficiency in technology disciplines by achieving certifications where required.
- Leveraging strong listening and explanation skills to be a clear communicator in written, oral, and visual mediums.
- Working efficiently and meeting deadlines with limited supervision.
You will have experience in:
- Provisioning of Azure resources via ARM templates, PowerShell, and CLI, demonstrating best-practice use of automation (GitHub Actions and/or Azure DevOps Pipelines). Awareness of broader orchestration tooling such as DSC, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Pulumi, etc would be advantageous.
- Good working knowledge of Git for source control, with awareness of alternatives.
- Familiarity with a wide range of Azure infrastructure including:
- Networking (VPN, IP, DNS, Load Balancing, Firewalls, ExpressRoute)
- Monitoring (Insights, Log Analytics, Dashboards)
- PaaS Services (web apps, SQL)
- Security (Sentinel, Azure Defender, Service Principals, AD/ADDS/B2C)
- Comfortable utilising and manipulating data interchange formats such as JSON, XML, and YAML.
- Working knowledge of a range of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Working knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Track record of learning and implementing new technologies. We often work with third-party technology vendors to deliver solutions, and a broad awareness or experience of these would be advantageous (e.g. Veeam, Palo Alto, Barracuda).
- Proficient in use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and an illustrative package such as Visio.
To apply for this Azure DevOps Architect Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6405
Cloud Software Developer
Ref No: RL6436
Cloud Software Developer – Entry Level
Ref No: RL6437
Member of Technical Staff
Pay: £34,335 per annum
Ref No: RL6427
Senior Software Development Engineer
Pay: £50,000 - £75,000
Ref No: RL6423