Cloud Data Architect
Location: Remote, UK Wide, with 1 day per week in London
Salary: £115,000 to £120,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is a leading professional services firm dedicated to helping progressive enterprises improve data management and business analytics. They are an elite team of functional and technical experts focused at the convergence of Enterprise Performance Management, Data Management, Business Intelligence and CRM. They believe in the power of connected data.
They see technology as a great enabler for driving business results and fully embrace cloud computing and the innovation that is occurring in big data so that their clients can move faster. They are creative problem solvers. The more challenging the work the better. They help their clients gain competitive advantage and drive exceptional results by unlocking the power of data. They pride themselves on building transparent and constructively honest relationships by working collaboratively with their clients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Data Architect to join their growing team. The role offers a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science solutions. Ideal candidate will have experience with projects and in handling vast amounts of, and various types of data – working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing data and ELT architectures using a variety of tools and techniques. Experience in influencing and developing best practices to build out cutting edge cloud-based solutions working with Analytics and Data Science teams is essential for this role. The role will suit someone with a drive to implement the best possible solutions and play a key role on projects from a data architecture and data engineering perspective.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and developing best in class cloud-based data management solutions
- Planning and executing secure, good practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquiring, ingesting, and processing data from multiple sources and systems into data platforms
- Creating, deploying and managing data environments in the Cloud
- Leveraging information security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of data
- Working with insights and analytical team members to understand data requirements
- Providing team leadership to data integration team members
- Hands on solution development leveraging relevant data management and integration technologies
You will have experience in:
- 6+ years’ experience in client-facing projects in a global consulting setting
- Projects within AWS and/or Azure cloud.
- Legacy big data technologies such as Teradata, Netezza and Hadoop
- Cloud data management technologies such as AWS Redshift and Snowflake
- Designing cloud solutions incorporating Information Security principles and best practices to ensure designs are in accordance with regulatory data security and data governance principles
- Working on projects in a consulting setting, often working on different and multiple projects at the same time
- Managing teams of both onshore and offshore developers
- Architecture design patterns guiding operational management and best practices
- Full lifecycle solution development and deployment best practices for the cloud
You will have experience in the following technical skills:
- Migration from on-premises data warehouse (SQL Server, Teradata) to cloud solutions (AWS Redshift, Snowflake (preferred))
- AWS stack, particularly around Compute (EC2, EMR), ETL, Orchestration and Scheduling (AWS Glue, AWS Lambda)
- Strong understanding of data governance principles including, but not limited to Master Data Management, Data Lineage and Data Security
- Strong experience working with a variety of ETL/ELT tools
- Strong development background with experience in at least two scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc. SQL, Python, Java, Scala, C#, R
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL/ELT data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Strong Solutions architecture experience
To apply for this Cloud Data Architect Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6504
IT Project Manager – Mid Level
Pay: £50,000 - £55,000
Ref No: RL6511
Azure Pre-sales Solutions Architect
Pay: £140,000 - £150,000
Ref No: RL6518
Collibra Solution Architect
Pay: £95,000 - £110,000
Ref No: RL6516
Software Team Manager
Ref No: RL6512