Cloud Development Software Engineer
Location – Paignton / Daventry / Remote / Hybrid
Salary – Competitive
Benefits – 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), private medical insurance, enhanced pension contributions, 4 x life insurance and a number of discretionary benefits.
Start Date – ASAP
Curo are Partnering with a cutting edge Global Company who promise to deliver their business customers, new generation of technology. Their automated test and assurance solutions accelerate technology development in the lab and ensure new products and services perform in the real world. Specialising in innovative products and services, that addresses the test, assurance, and automation challenges of a new generation of technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles and beyond. Sector wise their customers span across communications, transportation, government, defence, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and many more. Their network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from the lab to real-world deployment. They are driving forward the cutting-edge technologies that are changing the world.
This role would suit a Self-Starter, who is confident problem solving independently. You will become part of a small and efficient Team, working in a new and exciting area for this business. Despite being Global in nature, this Team does have a friendly, and close knit feel to it. We are looking for a motivated and hardworking candidate, who is keen to work within Global Positioning (GNSS or GPS).
- Working in tandem with the engineering team, understanding and analysing requirements to design and implement the most optimal cloud-based software solutions for the company.
- Developing focused software to meet project, internal and customer needs, using the software development life cycle from design to implementation and validation.
- Support of development and deployment of cloud-based products as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Educating and supporting the team on the implementation of cloud-based software.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design RESTful services, and integrate them with existing data providers, using gRPC, JSON or XML as needed.
- Help develop best practices for larger Cloud Engineering team.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
- 3 years’ experience in a Cloud Software development role or related position.
- 4+ years’ experience in developing software using languages such as C++ & Python.
- Kubernetes & Terraform.
- Jira & Git
- Team player with highly collaborative and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, presentation and analytical skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies, self-motivated, energetic approach.
- Candidates with a background in GNSS Positioning would be ideally suited to this role.
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
- Experience with Service-Oriented Architecture applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX, Rackspace, Docker and Microsoft Azure.
- Experience working with some or all of these technologies: Apache Kafka; ActiveMQ; ElasticStack.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST and RPC / gRPC.
- Database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, and related data stores such as Postgres.
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- Interest in Cloud Engineering and its impact on greater business practices
To apply for this Cloud Development Software Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6140
Strategic Commodity Specialist
Pay: £40,000 - £45,000
Ref No: RL6392
Principal Consultant Workplace Platforms
Pay: £80,000 to £85,000
Ref No: RL6081
Project Manager Job
Pay: £60,000 to £65,000
Ref No: RL6391
Pay: Up to £80,000
Ref No: RL6388