Data Governance Manager
Location: Remote, UK Wide
Salary: £53,000 to £61,000 (DOE) + 40 holidays including bank holidays & benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established charity and has been serving society for over 150 years. They have helped hundreds of thousands of children to grow up happy and healthy and to fight to realise his/her dream of a world where no child is turned away. They have the largest number of services on the ground in the UK: with over 960 services in local communities. Their work includes reaching and helping children who have been sexually exploited, young people leaving the care system, children with a parent in prison and families struggling to cope. They find loving adoptive homes and foster placements for children in care. Last year they helped transform the lives of more than 240,000 of the UK’s children, young people and families. They helped many more by campaigning to change policy and public opinion.
Our client is looking for a Data Governance Manager to join their Data & Insight department. As part of this role, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of effective data governance across the business. You will be responsible for implementing the Data Governance Framework, leading data discovery, identifying and prioritising data domains, recruiting and supporting data owners, handlers, and stewards. You will work closely with the Data Quality Manager to ensure that they continually improve their data in line with agreed standards.
The role will suit someone with a passion for data, someone who is resilient & adapts their approach to suit the needs of the business. The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level in data management, computer science, analytics or other relevant discipline. A professional qualification in data management is also required. This is a fully remote position and offers great career progression opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing, reviewing, and refining the data governance framework, strategy and vision ensuring that these align with the Corporate Strategy.
- Developing and establishing an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap for the business, setting out strategic priorities for development of data capabilities across all business functions.
- Providing an integrated view of the data and related processes that produce, acquire, consume, and store data across the organisation.
- Delivering and embedding enterprise-wide data management, working closely with data architecture/engineering and the wider business teams.
- Establishing data governance in a complex regulated environment.
- Designing and maintaining enterprise data governance, for example DAMA methodology (DMBOK2).
- Leading and developing business facing governance processes and structures.
- Collaborative working in a leadership capacity, engaging with and influencing key stakeholders at a range of levels.
- Well-developed project management skills, preferably with experience of working in agile environments.
- Working with distributed data governance models.
- Strong experience in interviewing and group facilitation.
- Managing complex relationships, effectively mediating and communicating with stakeholders at all levels.
You will have experience in:
- Educated to degree level in data management, computer science, analytics or other relevant discipline.
- Professional qualification in data management.
- Deep knowledge in additional areas of the data management industry (e.g., MDM, Data Quality, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Cloud, Data Modelling).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and complex business concepts in technical terms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including communicating with different audiences and the ability to communicate complex and/or difficult messages in a clear, concise and empathetic manner.
- Expertise with Data Catalogue tools such Microsoft Purview.
- Identifying and challenging organisational processes and developing solutions to simplify processes.
To apply for this Data Governance Manager Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6415
Cloud Software Developer
Ref No: RL6436
Cloud Software Developer – Entry Level
Ref No: RL6437
Member of Technical Staff
Pay: £34,335 per annum
Ref No: RL6427
Senior Software Development Engineer
Pay: £50,000 - £75,000
Ref No: RL6423