Datacentre Architect Job
Location: Remote – UK Wide
Salary: £110,000 to £115,000 (DOE) + Benefits including Car Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting edge technologies. They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied and interesting and exposing you to new technologies.
With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures. My client offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy, what they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Architect to work alongside their Next Generation Datacentre team. As part of this role, you will be responsible for shaping customer pre-sales opportunities and articulating business and technical strategy to customers and internal clients. This is a customer facing role, you’ll need proven skills in a customer facing position, and will be leading the pre-sales engagement, shaping the overall proposition and assuring complex solutions to Corporate or Public Sector organisations. You will have experience in designing solutions considering security as a core principle. You will be a senior and integral member of the team, in the creation of pre-sales engagement documentation for internal and external consumption, shaping the client vision / requirements and outcomes into a winning solution through the complete pre-sale’s lifecycle.
You will be responsible for:
- Influencing and shaping Next Generation Datacentre solutions during pre-sales engagements. To take advantage of this opportunity you will need to be a highly technical individual with solid hands on capability as a Technical Designer, Solution Lead or Architect with the ability to transform and enhance client vision and outcomes into a winning solution.
- Maintaining an in-depth delivery understanding of private and public cloud architectures, with specific focus on solutions based around the VMware portfolio but also a good understanding of storage, data protection and platform (e.g. CI/HCI, Unix etc.) technologies.
- Driving the adoption of design principles and best practices/standards for the implementation of advanced VMware and Next Generation Datacentre solutions
- Leading teams of VMware and Next Generation Datacentre professionals on larger and strategically significant solution opportunities
- Working closely with customers to ensure you understand their Next Generation Datacentre requirements and position solutions best suited to deliver these requirements including portability, containerisation, automation, migration, SDDC and hyper-scaler adoption
- Assisting the NGDC Practice and Solution lead in the development and creation of blueprints, customer whitepapers and case studies
- Adopting the technical direction as set by the Chief Technologist, Solution and Practice Lead
- Ensuring quality of all technical deliverables produced for the VMware technology area
- Leading customer discussions and workshops around technical adoption, customer strategy and ‘blue sky thinking’
- Providing technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Keeping up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies providing insight and opinions both internally and externally
- Working with the NGDC Practice Lead and Solution Lead in managing and building important relationships directly with key partners and vendors, such as VMWare.
- Working closely on a day to day basis with the NGDC Solution Lead to drive customer conversations, lead service development and carry out research and development.
- Maintaining an active and engaged technical community across the whole Practice in support of relevant area of expertise.
You will have experience in:
- 5+ years of previous Hands on Delivery / Implementation related work around VMware solutions
- 3+ years of recent architecture solution design and technical leadership experience
- 3+ years of previous leadership experience
- Strong understanding of core VMware infrastructure including vSphere, vRealize Suite (including vRA and vRealize Orchestrator), SRM, VSAN, NSX and Virtual Hardware
- Strong understanding of datacentre technologies such as storage, data protection and platform (e.g. CI/HCI and Unix) solutions
- Providing expertise in Next Generation Datacentre technology to propose infrastructure solutions that meet customers’ business requirements and driving innovation within their overall IT strategy.
- VMware Certified as a minimum to VCP with Server Virtualisation and SDDC competencies as a minimum and ideally Network Virtualisation competencies; VCP7-CMA / VCP6-DC Certification is preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field – or very significant experience required
- Understanding of cloud networking security concepts, such as IP subnets, security groups, NACLs, routing, firewalls.
- Strong understanding of application portability, containerisation, automation, migration, SDDC and hyper-scaler adoption – experience in point technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform etc.) would also be of use
- Successfully operating in the pre-sales environment in a Service or Consultancy organisation for Enterprise-scale customer organisations in RFI, RFP or bid responses
- Initiating influential relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and partners at senior management level, including industry leaders.
To apply for this Datacentre Architect Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6154
Infrastructure Security Consultant Job
Pay: £65,000 - £70,000
Ref No: RL6178
Data Engineer Consultant Job
Pay: £65,000 - £70,000
Ref No: RL6170
Data Visualisation Consultant Job
Pay: £65,000 - £70,000
Ref No: RL6171
Cyber Security Expert Job
Ref No: RL6172