Field Services Cover Engineer
Location – Milton Keynes – Hybrid
Salary – £30,000 to £35,000 per annum + £6,000 Car Allowance plus benefits
Start Date – ASAP
Our client is one of the UK’s leading technology services, solutions and support providers, with a passion for helping ambitious organisations and their people to succeed. They work with a wide range of clients, with an equally wide range of needs and ambitions, helping their clients transform the way they do business by providing them with flexible & secure platforms to operate on. They are one of the most awarded Microsoft partners in the UK, have a long track record of success, delivering truly transformational solutions and services for their clients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join their team and provide support to one of their many clients. The role offers fantastic growth opportunities – work hard, learn as you go and work your way up the support ladder with a great team support structure. As 2nd Line Site Based Cover Engineer, you will be required to attend client sites across London, Tring, Luton, and Oxford, providing essential support to their valued onsite clients. The role will suit someone who is keen to work with a range of technologies and systems, ensuring that their clients’ IT infrastructure is running smoothly and efficiently.
As a site-based service desk engineer, you will be a huge support to your team when they are on leave, sick or training. You will be constantly challenged and engaged, with new and exciting projects to work on.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- You have been in this or similar role previously and have developed strong analytical and technical skills, having hands on experience in the IT industry. This means working with latest technologies and supporting users is something you look forward to.
- Taking ownership and managing tickets through resolution or escalation is something you know all too well. You’ve got a great idea of meeting your SLAs – troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting a wide range of systems is just as important to you as answering queries and complaints.
- Taking ownership of your tickets, you’re constantly involved in collaboration with the rest of the teams, ensuring personal and team objectives are achieved and will provide further guidance when necessary.
- Your career progression is important to you. You want to gain relevant qualifications and accreditations to further develop your skills and we’re happy to be able to provide this for you.
- You’re an individual that understands the importance of problem ownership and client success and aims for top rated client feedback, providing high quality services. With your great customer relations skills, you’ll handle client interaction, managing their expectations, reporting client facing risks and customer feedback with great professionalism.
You will have experience in:
- MS Windows Server Technologies (Intermediate knowledge)
- Office 365
- Active Directory
- VMWare VSphere
- Communicating verbally and in writing to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Creative, analytical problem solver with the ability to apply original and innovative thinking.
- Methodical approach suitable to resolution of client requirements.
- Able to manage changing workload and priorities.
- Able to work both within a team and using own initiative.
- PC/Server Hardware – diagnose and upgrade, both hardware and firmware on PCs
- AD – configure new users, new OU’s, configure sites and services, resolve issues
- DNS – running through the Active Directory based DNS structure to ensure domain entries exist for domain controllers, services and devices. Troubleshooting name resolution issues on endpoints using standard tools
- IP networks, TCP/IP, DHCP etc., routers, switches, broadband, firewalls
- NAS & Storage Technologies
- Understanding of Backup technologies, understanding of Cloud Repositories advantageous. Ability to troubleshoot failed backups and copy jobs
- Understanding and basic troubleshooting of issues under group policy
To apply for this Field Services Cover Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6795
IT Support Engineer – Part Time
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6818
Field Services Cover Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6795
Onsite Support Engineer
Ref No: RL6788
HPC Technology Consultant
Pay: £70,000 - £80,000
Ref No: RL6783