Google Job Title: GCP Data Architect Job
Job Reference: RL5729
Pay: Upto £100,000
Job Duration: Permanent
Salary: Upto £100,000 (DOE) + benefits including car allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting edge technologies. They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied and interesting and exposing you to new technologies.
With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures. My client offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy, what they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
As a GCP Principal Data Consultant/Architect you will act as a subject matter expert in GCP data architecture and technologies delivering both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our clients customers. You’ll be part of a Practice, within the UK Professional Services function, supporting the business in either project or consultancy lead engagements specific to the Google Cloud Platform.
This role will predominately be a client facing role you will have proven skills in working with customers to design and implement modern, scalable GCP data solutions using a range of new and emerging database and big data technologies from the Google Cloud Platform.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for influencing and shaping GCP solutions during pre & post-sales engagements.
- Have responsibility for influencing and shaping GCP solutions primarily focused on data services, data storage, data migration and orchestration
- Provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Define solutions, technologies and standards to blueprint best practice within the technology tower.
- Design and implement solutions for customers consistently and with quality, using our methodologies and processes.
- Produce high quality assignment documentation and assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a solution.
- Work as part of a team defining, designing and implementing solutions for their customers.
- Attend customer meetings to present solutions from a technical and implementation approach.
- Highlight any technical risks that may impact the success of the solution for their client.
You will have experience in the following:
- GCP Data Expert, Google Architecture (detailed level)
- Google certified in one or more areas preferably Professional Cloud Architect and/or Professional Data Architect
- Have a thorough understanding of the data services of GCP and have had successfully designed, delivered and deployed these data services into GCP production environments
- Fully understand GCP data services, including Databases (SQL and NoSQL), storage, BigQuery, BI, Reporting, Data Warehousing and Analytics and be able to confidently discuss these with customers and develop solution designs
- Understand the GCP data tool set and its use cases including DataFlow, DataPrep, Pub/Sub, Cloud Composer and Data Catalog
- Have worked with one or more customers in the delivery of data services in GCP and have either led, mentored or managed other data engineers in delivery
- Have experience delivering GCP services in an agile approach using sprints, backlog items, stand ups etc. and have experience with tools such as Jira
- Have experience of reporting tools such as Looker, PowerBI or Data Studio
- Have a background or experience in Databases such as Oracle or SQL*Server
- Understand the importance of data security and compliance and how to build GCP elements to adhere to standards such as the CIS benchmarks
Technical Skills – Experience or at a minimum a detailed working knowledge of the following GCP Product areas:
- Compute Engine
- GCP Cloud Storage (GCS, Persistent Disks etc)
- Big Query
- GCP Managed Databases (i.e., Cloud SQL, Cloud Spanner, BigTable, DataStore/Firestore)
- GCP Big Data (i.e., DataProc, DataPrep, Pub/Sub)
- Data orchestration and pipelines/workflows via Cloud Composer and DAG’s
- Reporting and BI Tools (i.e., Looker, Data Studio, Tableau, PowerBI)
- Best of Breed DBMS (i.e., Oracle, SQL*Server, Postgres, MySQL)
- IAM and Cloud Identity
To apply for this GCP Data Architect job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL5729