Google Job Title: GCP GKE & Anthos Architect Job
Job Reference: RL5730
Pay: Upto £100,000
Job Duration: Permanent
Location: Remote – UK Wide
Salary: Upto £100,000 (DOE) + benefits including car allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting edge technologies. They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied and interesting and exposing you to new technologies.
With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures. My client offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy, what they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
As a GCP GKE/Anthos Principal Consultant or Architect you will act as a subject matter expert in Kubernetes, Google Kubernetes Engine and associated technologies delivering both pre and post sales technical consultancy to our customers.. You’ll be part of a Practice, within the UK Professional Services function, supporting the business in either project or consultancy lead engagements specific to the Google Cloud Platform.
As a predominately client facing role you will have proven skills in working with customers to design and implement modern, scalable GKE and Anthos based solutions understanding the role containers and microservices play in an Application Modernisation Strategy
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for influencing and shaping GCP GKE & Anthos solutions during pre & post-sales engagements.
- Provide qualification of solutions approach and produce engagement documentation for internal and external consumption.
- Define solutions, technologies and standards to blueprint best practice within the technology tower.
- Design and implement solutions for customers consistently and with quality, using our methodologies and processes.
- Produce high quality assignment documentation and assure deliverables produced by team members to ensure consistency and accuracy within a solution.
- Work as part of a team defining, designing and implementing solutions for their customers.
- Attend customer meetings to present solutions from a technical and implementation approach.
- Highlight any technical risks that may impact the success of the solution for their client.
You will have experience in the following:
- GCP Expert, Google Architecture (detailed level)
- Google certified in one or more areas preferably Professional Cloud Architect and/or Certified Kubernetes Administrator or Application Developer
- Be a subject matter expert in Containers and associated tools such as Docke
- Have a thorough understanding of Kubernetes and Google Kubernetes Engine and have had successfully designed, delivered and deployed these services into GCP production environments
- Have experience of Istio and Service Mesh
- Have experience with Logging and Monitoring GKE via Cloud Operations or other Container monitoring solutions (Prometheus and Grafana)
- Have familiarity or experience with Anthos and running GKE on multiple platforms. This would include Anthos Config Management, Anthos Service Mesh and Anthos Migrate
- Have familiarity or experience migrating applications into GKE and the design and considerations required (cluster sizing, auto scaling etc)
- Understand GKE best practices around networking, security, state management and storage
- Have familiarity of deploying GKE though DevOps tooling such as Terraform or Anthos Config Management
Technical skills – experience or at a minimum a detailed working knowledge of the following GCP Product areas:
- Compute Engine
- GKE Cluster and Workload Management
- Google IAM and RBAC for Kubernetes
- Google Container Registry
- Cloud Operations with Prometheus / Grafana
- Must be familiar with DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Microservices architecture and design patterns / principles
- Cloud Provisioning tools such as Terraform, Deployment Manager etc.
- CI/CD pipelines and tooling (Jenkins, Spinnaker etc)
- Configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef etc)
- Source Code Version Control tools such as Git
To apply for this GCP GKE/Anthos Principal Consultant job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL5730