HPC Customer Service Engineer
Location – Remote – Anywhere UK
Salary – £55 – £65K per annum
Benefits – Flexible working hours, career opportunities, private medical, excellent pension, and social benefits
Curo are collaborating with an Enterprise Client, known for bringing a together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Their people work tirelessly and are dedicated to helping their customers achieve their goals. This is an Enterprise organisation, and as such, you will be working alongside the best in the tech field, and benefit from excellent progression opportunities and security in your role.
The successful candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment, and have excellent organizational, collaborative and customer relations skills, with the ability to work well under pressure. A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, coupled with 3-5 years technical service experience, preferably in an HPC or storage related environment is essential. You will have the ability to gather data and perform analysis of customer reported issues, request and follow advice from teammates or escalate to the next level of support with well described problem details. We are looking for an individual who is comfortable and effective in combining technical expertise with customer service to manage customer and partner post-sales support issues from start to finish.
This role requires the ability to develop a good rapport, and have genuine empathy for the customer situation. You will benefit from working in a friendly and fast paced team. The business champions collaboration and offer employees an excellent work life balance, and great progression opportunity.
- Combining technical expertise with customer service to manage customer and partner post-sales support issues from start to finish.
- Dealing with customer issues effectively, building a good rapport, and being empathetic with their issues.
- Triaging customer issues remotely to determine hardware, software, or I/O subsystems to initiate proper corrective actions and elevate when necessary.
- Focusing on customers and solutions using the businesses hardware, as well as other vendors’ hardware.
- Ensuring the proper collection of data as you document and provide timely communication of service events.
- Managing escalations to next-level L3 SMEs ensuring issues are documented completely and are technically sound. This includes managing the communication to/from the customer from the business.
- Ability to act as a technical service customer advocate to validate technical and business data to contribute to and progress activities to bring the service event to resolution.
- Analysing system software, third-party software, hardware and interconnect issues, providing final resolutions or workarounds when possible.
- On-Call duties on a rotational basis.
- Occasional ad hoc travel to support with installations, or to report remote systems.
- First-level university degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field/discipline, with 3-5 years of technical service experience, preferably in an HPC or storage related environment.
- Experience with current versions of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking and security (Redhat/CentOS or its equivalent).
- Experience and familiarity with scripting languages in the Linux/Unix environment such as e.g. Bash, Perl, Python, etc.
- Experience with high-speed/low-latency networks such as Omni Path, InfiniBand; perhaps with debugging and tuning Mellanox. Basic knowledge of and experience in maintaining system hardware and software, utilizing diagnostic tools and debugging tools for problem isolation.
- Aptitude to focus on one or more product lines (for example, proactive, reactive, storage, enterprise systems, etc.).
- Excellent organizational, collaborative and customer relations skills with the ability to remain calm under pressure and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to work “On call” on a team rotating basis.
- Ability to gather data and perform analysis of customer reported issues, request and follow advice from teammates or escalate to the next level of support with well described problem details.
- Ability to effectively manage the break fix process by remotely assisting with troubleshooting or initiating on-site hardware repairs.
- Desire to learn and grow by utilizing and learning new technologies.
- Capability to work across GEOs and alongside sales, service SMEs, operations and management groups.
- Desire to challenge how things are done if there is a better way.
- Strong customer focus, ability to act as liaison to customer.
- Familiarity working with Containers (Docker, Shifter).
- Working experience with Kubernetes, RESTful APIs.
- Managing and using relational SQL databases, specifically MySQL.
- Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (Familiarity with Lustre or other parallel filesystems.
- Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.).
- Networking skills (Ethernet, InfiniBand).
- Experience performing software updates, patch installation and hardware repairs (swapping boards, etc.).
- Experience with Salesforce.com.
To apply for this HPC Customer Service Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6682
Member of Technical Staff
Ref No: RL6751
2nd Level Service Desk Engineer
Pay: £24,000 - £26,000
Ref No: RL6735
Field Services Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6732
IT Support Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6731