HPC Technology Consultant
Location – Heathrow (Some WFH)
Salary – Up to £80K per annum
Benefits – Bonus, career opportunities, private medical, excellent pension, and social benefits
NOTE: Please note this role requires a candidate who is eligible to undergo SC Clearance.
Curo are collaborating with a global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. They help companies connect, protect, analyse, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge-to-cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world.
This opportunity would suit a candidate with deep working knowledge of Linux, coupled with the ability to perform hardware repairs. Knowledge of parallel file systems, such as Lustre is highly desirable. We are looking for a candidate that takes an analytical approach to problem solving, and who will be committed to driving any issues through to completion. Excellent communication skills and a customer-focused approach are important. The successful candidate will have a calm demeanour, and the ability to work in high-pressure situations.
As a resident technical consultant, you will be working as part of a dedicated team to deliver preventive and reactive support, which will also require taking part in a 7×24 hour on-call rota to ensure compliance with the strict SLA (Service Level Agreement) associated with the contract. The on-call frequency is 1 in 4, and there is a financial uplift for on-call hours. All of the necessary product training will be provided along with mentoring from colleagues within the site team to enable the successful candidate to provide the level of support required.
- Work as part of a dedicated team to deliver support on advanced HPC hardware and software technologies.
- Maintain meticulous records of planned maintenance actions and outcomes within the case management systems.
- Ensure compliance with customer rules for change management controls.
- Provide a professional and positive approach to the customer in the execution of all duties.
- Follow technical escalation procedures to ensure critical issues receive maximum focus.
- Assist in maintaining the on-site inventory of spare parts to enable timely resolution of failures.
- Occasionally work as part of a wider team to provide support to other customers within EMEA.
Education and Experience required:
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent, in a computer science or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of HPC systems / Linux Systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- An in-depth working knowledge of Linux and ability to perform hardware repairs are mandatory requirements.
- Knowledge of parallel file systems, such as Lustre, is desirable.
- Possess an analytical approach to problem solving and be fully committed to drive issues to conclusion.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- An ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines is essential.
- The candidate should be flexible and willing to travel when required.
To apply for this HPC Technology Consultant Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6783
IT Support Engineer – Part Time
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6818
Field Services Cover Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6795
Onsite Support Engineer
Ref No: RL6788
HPC Technology Consultant
Pay: £70,000 - £80,000
Ref No: RL6783