IT Project Manager – Mid Level
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client has been in the business for nearly 50 years. They have been at the forefront of UK and international digital content provision. They are the largest regional news and picture service in the UK, with over 100 staff working in offices across the country and a satellite office in the US. They are now looking for a Tech Lead to join their IT Team which is integral in helping the company to the next stage of their digital transformation / journey. The business is operating a hybrid-working environment.
The IT Project Manager / Manager will be responsible for developing and managing technology projects and their cost, time and scope. Key responsibilities will include project-planning, communication planning, allocating tasks and setting milestones. The key to the role is clear identification of the IT strategy and business requirements and communication of these to the project team. Managing labour capitalisation and R&D tax credit recording for Finance Team will be another key responsibility of the role. The role offers 3/4 days WFH per week with 1/2 day week in their Bristol office.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating & managing project plans
- Defining project schedules, allocating resources and monitoring progress
- Recording business needs clearly via liaison with stakeholders
- Aligning project objectives with company goals, and making sure project team is clear on objectives
- Delivering and installing technology solutions
- Contracting with and allocating project resources including internal resources, IT resources, contract resources and external development companies
- Helping project team with the design and development tasks
- Leading process of issue identification and resolution
- Managing and reporting risk tracking process with a view to minimising risk
- Monitoring and managing scope
- Managing all documentation
- Managing R&D claims for tax purposes by documenting projects accordingly and recording labour and external costs
- Managing internal and external costs for projects for capitalisation purposes
- Working multiple projects simultaneously
- Fostering partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsors
You will have experience in:
- Overseeing strategic plan, monitoring and adapting as needed
- Creating project plans
- Maintaining project objectives
- Monitoring production and quality to customer/stakeholder/sponsor standards
- Identifying and resolving issues and risks
- Reporting on project progress, offering viable solutions and opportunities as they arise
- Implementing change practices
- Managing resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Portfolio management
- Leading meetings and setting expectations for project team
- Maintaining budget
- Reporting on projects and portfolios
You will have competences in:
- Project management experience in I.T.
- Prince 2 qualification or other project management qualification required
- Thrives in collaborative environment
- Good communications skills, with customers, team and stakeholders
- Business & IT strategy experience
- Customer focused mind-set
- Knowledge of related software tools
To apply for this IT Project Manager Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6511
Ref No: RL6599
Data Migration Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6585
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6586
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6587