Member of Technical Staff
Benefits – Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care, Dental, Gym, Birthday Benefits, 25 days’ annual leave, Fitness Classes, & Progression
Location – Remote
Curo are Partnering with a Global Company who deliver their B2B Customers cutting-edge technology. Their automated test and assurance solutions accelerate technology development in the lab, and ensure new products and services perform in the real world. They specialise in innovative products and services which address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of new generation technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles and beyond. Their customers span across communications, transportation, government, defence, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and many more. Their network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from lab to real-world deployment. They are driving forward the ground-breaking technologies that are changing the world.
The successful candidate will join a team of Support engineers, dedicated to fulfilling the varied and challenging post-sales technical support requirements of these international clientele reporting to the Support Services Manager for Positioning Technology products. The role will be primarily working from home, with occasional requirement to work onsite at the Paignton, Devon based office.
The company designs, manufactures and supplies advanced satellite navigation test and simulation systems, many of which comprise radio frequency signal generators plus computer systems running complex application software; all designed in-house. These systems are sold all over the world to high-profile organisations and inevitably there are occasional problems experienced by the users, such as component failures, software bugs, documentation issues or the customer may simply need guidance and/or advice.
As a member of Support Services, work with the global support team to provide customers and end users with product and technical support by performing the following duties:
- Respond to incoming Service Requests from customers, sales engineers and sales team via online portals/applications, email and telephone.
- Analyse reported problems, replicating and demonstrating them if needed, using appropriate dedicated support equipment.
- Suggest, prepare and deliver solutions to customers for both hardware and software problems.
- Liaise with software/hardware engineers to analyse and resolve complex customer issues and to report identified hardware or software design flaws.
- Complete and maintain records of customer issues, product defects, etc., using the companies CRM tools (Salesforce/Jira).
- Assist Professional Services team with delivery of PS engagements if required.
- On-site installation and technical support for the customers when required.
- Provide level 1 hardware repair and calibration services for positioning, navigation and timing customers.
- Assist in distribution of software and hardware upgrades to customers.
- Perform calibrations/integrations at customer sites on key product range when required.
- Generate special test scenarios from customer requests.
- Maintain literature available through the support website.
- Produce technical documents / knowledge base articles.
- Provide customer training on the company’s products at customers’ site, as required.
- A recognized further education qualification in a relevant or closely related engineering discipline
- 2+ years related experience in a high technology organisation.
- Direct experience providing technical customer support.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Computer literacy (experience in Operating Systems and Software Applications)
- Windows 7
- Windows 10
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Outlook
- Direct and recent experience using standard RF and other test equipment such as – Power Meters
- Spectrum analysers
- Frequency counters
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Willingness to travel within Europe and occasionally internationally, up to 20% of the time.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret technical manuals, RFCs, national and international standards, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or regulations.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence, effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the employees of the company.
Desirable (Not Essential):
- Experience with the Linux OS.
- Appreciation of satellite navigation concepts (training will be provided, and on-going training as the candidate develops in the role).
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce and Jira.
To apply for this Member of Technical Staff job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6427
Ref No: RL6599
Data Migration Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6585
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6586
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6587