SC Cleared – 2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £40,000 to £44,500 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading technology services, solutions and support providers, with a passion for helping ambitious organisations and their people to succeed. They work with a wide range of clients, with an equally wide range of needs and ambitions, helping their clients transform the way they do business by providing them with flexible & secure platforms to operate on. They are one of the most awarded Microsoft partners in the UK, have a long track record of success, delivering truly transformational solutions and services for their clients. They employ well over 750 talented individuals in their offices in London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Reading and Cape Town, South Africa, together with 21 long-established partners around the world, enabling them to deliver a truly global service.
The ideal candidate for the role will be an experienced, SC clearance eligible, 2nd Line Support Engineer. They are looking for someone with prior experience in a similar position. You should have strong analytical and technical skills, having hands on experience in IT industry. This means working with latest technologies and supporting users is something you are passionate about. This is an on-site position based in Dorset and as part of the role, you will be required to undergo SC clearance as well as BPSS.
You will be responsible for:
- Taking ownership and managing tickets through to resolution or escalation.
- Meeting your SLAs (“Service Level Agreements”) – troubleshooting, maintaining, and supporting a wide range of systems is just as important to you as answering queries and complaints.
- Customer focused attitude, taking ownership of your tickets.
- Collaborating with the rest of the teams, ensuring personal and team objectives are achieved and providing further guidance when necessary.
- Gaining relevant qualifications and accreditations to further develop your skills.
- Understanding the importance of problem ownership and client success and aiming for top rated client feedback, providing high quality services.
- Handling client interaction, managing their expectations, reporting client facing risks and customer feedback with great professionalism.
- Ensuring quality delivery when working at any of their client sites.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment on the following technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory
- Cloud (Azure, AWS or Google cloud)
- Office 365
- Mobile Device Management
- Windows Servers (full range)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
- Local Area Networking
- Symantec Products
- Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
- Routing/switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
- Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
- Sharepoint 2010/2013
To apply for this SC Cleared – 2nd Line Support Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6716
Member of Technical Staff
Ref No: RL6751
2nd Level Service Desk Engineer
Pay: £24,000 - £26,000
Ref No: RL6735
Field Services Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6732
IT Support Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6731