Senior Software Development Engineer
Salary – £50 – £75K (Negotiable)
Benefits – 25 Days Holiday, Progressive environment, & Pension
Location – Southampton / Hybrid
Start Date – ASAP
Curo is partnering with one of the leading providers of high-performance ion beam technologies for surface analysis and nanofabrication. They constantly strive to deliver new and innovative technologies to power the discoveries of tomorrow. Their purpose is to enable transformative research through the power of ion beams. Their mission is to provide innovative ion beam systems and instrumentation that drive discovery in biomedical, quantum, and materials sciences.
This role would suit an academic candidate potentially with a Physics or Chemistry related degree or equivalent.
Our client is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a key role in the design, implementation, validation, and support of software for cutting-edge scientific instrumentation. You will be working as part of the small Engineering team. This role requires the creation of complex real time control and data analysis applications. Projects encompass the full development life cycle, including requirement capture, design, coding, prototyping, validation, and post release support. The role provides the opportunity to work on challenging projects that have the potential to make a significant positive impact in the fields of scientific research, life and medical science and quantum technology.
- Working as a key member of the software team on the company’s products.
- The development and maintenance of software used in the company’s products.
- Product development (analysis, specification, design, implementation, test and support) of complex systems, consisting of software, electronics, ion columns, sample handling, data acquisition, vacuum control and data analysis.
- Analysing product and user requirements.
- The creation / modification and validation of applications to satisfy requirements.
- Overseeing the design, programming, testing and deployment of solutions.
- The creation of relevant documentation.
- Employing software control techniques.
- Maintenance/Migration of legacy code in Java, C# and C++.
- Customer support as required.
- Coaching and mentoring junior staff
- Providing technical leadership and support to Project Managers and other Developers.
- Researching, designing and writing new software applications.
- Analysing software requirements.
- Maintaining legacy software.
- Documentation of software.
- Managing and resolving customer issues regarding software.
- Testing software, systems and fault finding.
- Participation in design reviews.
- Evaluating 3rd party software and systems.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Creating technical specifications and test plans.
- Writing operational documentation
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, designers, developers, support staff, sales and marketing professionals.
- Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information.
- Continually updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
Requirements – Essential:
- Degree in a technical subject, preferably Physics / Electronics / Software Engineering.
- Experience working in a software development role.
- Commercial desktop application software development experience in C++ or C#.
- Demonstrate previous experience in developing and delivering Windows based applications.
- Technical understanding of web technologies, operating systems, and platforms.
- Excellent theoretical knowledge and demonstrable practical skills in Object Oriented Programming.
- Thorough understanding and appreciation Software engineering principles & management.
- Understanding of writing software for real time hardware systems, including deployment, tuning and fault finding
- Web interface design
- Experience with OpenGL , Direct3D or Vulkan APIs, possibly in gaming applications
- Software development of scientific products.
- Writing and maintaining Unit Tests
- Interest in Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated testing.
Desirable (not essential):
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) methodologies
- Embedded system software – PIC / FPGA
- Experience with IT support.
To apply for this Senior Software Development Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6423
Ref No: RL6599
Data Migration Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6585
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6586
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6587