Senior Staff Software Engineer
Benefits – 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), private medical insurance, enhanced pension contributions, 4 x life insurance and a number of discretionary benefits.
Location – Hybrid / Daventry / Paignton
Curo are Partnering with a cutting edge Global Company who deliver their business customers cutting edge technology. Their automated test and assurance solutions accelerate technology development in the lab, and ensure new products and services perform in the real world. Specialising in innovative products and services, that address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of new generation technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles and beyond. Sector wise their customers span across communications, transportation, government, defence, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and many more. Their network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from lab to real-world deployment. They are driving forward the ground breaking technologies that are changing the world.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer within the Software team, you will be working in tandem with the companies Engineering Team, understanding and analysing requirements to identify and implement the most optimal real-time solutions for the company. Candidates with a background in GNSS Positioning would be ideally suited to this role. To be successful you will need deep experience developing Real Time Software, and will have ideally worked with Simulator Systems previously. GPU & Inertial Technology is hugely relevant for this role too, so knowledge in these areas would be highly beneficial. Mathematical Modelling experience is also essential. We are looking for a candidate who has worked with Physical Devices and Drivers, in order for them to ‘talk to each other’.
- Working in tandem with the engineering team, understanding and analysing requirements to identify and implement the most optimal real-time solutions for the company.
- Modelling, designing and developing the software architecture and relevant applications.
- Liaising with both software and hardware functions to ensure the optimal design process.
- Support of development and deployment of products as needed in accordance with best practices throughout the development lifecycle.
- Orchestrating and automating built in test use throughout the company’s product range.
- Educating teams on the implementation of new real-time software initiatives, providing associated training as required.
- Employing exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues, particularly through design.
- Using your extensive knowledge of APIs to design product and integrate them with existing product.
- Lead and develop best practices for design, development and qualification of real-time solutions.
- Stay current with industry trends, making recommendations as needed to help the company excel.
- Strong degree in Computer Science.
- Deep experience in developing real-time software using languages such as C++ & Python.
- Team player with highly collaborative and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem solving, presentation and analytical skills.
- Eager to learn new technologies, self-motivated, energetic approach.
- Candidates with a background in GNSS Positioning would be ideally suited to this role.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- Experience working with Windows, Linux/UNIX, Jenkins, Git and Subversion technologies.
- Expertise in driver development.
- Experience with GPU technologies.
- Experience in interfacing with RF designs including FPGA, Microblaze etc.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering.
- SC clearance.
To apply for this Senior Staff Software Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6196
Strategic Commodity Specialist
Pay: £40,000 - £45,000
Ref No: RL6392
Principal Consultant Workplace Platforms
Pay: £80,000 to £85,000
Ref No: RL6081
Project Manager Job
Pay: £60,000 to £65,000
Ref No: RL6391
Pay: Up to £80,000
Ref No: RL6388