Service Desk Technician
Location: Oxford, UK
Salary: £23,000 to £28,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is a Microsoft Gold Cloud Platform and Gold Cloud Productivity Partner and Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP). They specialise in Enterprise Solutions and work closely with clients in in Public Sector. They are one of only five Microsoft Azure BCDR black belt partners in the UK. They are also the global leader in the delivery of Azure StorSimple solutions, ExpressRoute and G-Cloud certified.
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Desk Technician to join their team in Oxford and attend the client site to cover for site-based service desk technicians when they are on annual leave, sick or training. You will be responsible for performing problem diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions in a desktop support based environment. In addition to that, you will be responsible for providing technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner, facilitating one-to-one end user training as required and ensuring site technical documentation is maintained.
You will be responsible for:
It is expected that you will have prior experience in carrying out the below mentioned responsibilities:
- Logging, and Investigating customer tickets, where possible applying a permanent fix or an agreed workaround to restore service;
- Providing Level 2 Server, Network, and Desktop Technical Support, diagnosing customer issues, and providing a high level of first time fix;
- End-to-end ownership of a customer ticket, identifying the underlying cause and managing the implementation of a permanent solution, escalating to a Senior Engineer as necessary;
- Managing and working to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns;
- Managing client expectations through clear communications;
- Working closely with the customer to maintain and support the infrastructure and the customer’s tickets effectively;
- Action Hardware and software installations;
- Creating and maintaining customer specific infrastructure documentation
- Working closely with the Senior Engineer, sharing information to enable the resolution of issues confidently and effectively;
- Taking responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge in line with business need;
- Undertaking all other reasonable requests.
To apply for this Service Desk Technician Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6370
Strategic Commodity Specialist
Pay: £40,000 - £45,000
Ref No: RL6392
Principal Consultant Workplace Platforms
Pay: £80,000 to £85,000
Ref No: RL6081
Project Manager Job
Pay: £60,000 to £65,000
Ref No: RL6391
Pay: Up to £80,000
Ref No: RL6388