Software Team Manager
Location – Remote, Anywhere UK
Benefits – Bonus, Pension, Life Insurance, Health Care, Dental, Gym, Birthday Benefits, 25 days’ annual leave, Fitness Classes, and Progression
Curo are partnering with a global company who deliver their B2B customers cutting-edge technology. Their automated test and assurance solutions accelerate technology development in the lab, and ensure new products and services perform in the real world. They specialise in innovative products and services which address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of new generation technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles and beyond. Their customers span across communications, transportation, government, defence, aerospace, financial services, healthcare, retail, and many more. Their network, cybersecurity, and positioning experts work closely with customers to understand their needs and deliver solutions that cover their entire technology lifecycle, from lab to real-world deployment. They are driving forward the ground-breaking technologies that are changing the world.
The successful candidate will have management responsibilities for the Software Development team, together with providing technical authority and leadership in the architecture, design, development and delivery of activities supporting the company’s core software product portfolio. This role also affords the opportunity to work as a cross-functional /-discipline technical project team manager.
The role will report directly to the Senior Software Team Leader and will have a close working relationship with peer-level Engineering Management, Supply Chain leadership, Product Management and Business Development roles.
- This key leadership role is responsible for supporting the management and coordination of the resources and processes within the company’s Software Development team.
- Technical Leadership of projects made up of cross-discipline engineers at varying levels of seniority.
- This individual is required to contribute to the vision, definition, strategy, and hands-on development of the company’s product portfolio, whilst ensuring an innovative and proactive approach.
- Together with the Project Management Office (PMO), oversee the planning, execution, and delivery of software projects in adherence to the company’s Product Realisation Process.
- Support the Senior Software Team Leader in the generation of technical and commercial proposals for new opportunities.
- Support the identification and potential management of technical partners for provision of specialist services, outsourcing of engineering tasks, adding value to customers via project acceleration, or access to expertise unavailable internally.
- Actively promote and ensure best practice design and testing regimes are established and re-enforced, in line with the company’s core Engineering design rules.
- Guide team members to embrace an innovative approach to problem-solving and design realisation.
- Contribute to design review meetings.
- Work with PMO to manage resource contention.
- Team management / leadership experience.
- Program Management experience.
- Software Development in C++ (primarily) and Python (secondary).
- Experience working within Waterfall and AGILE methodologies
- Experience working with appropriate tooling, e.g., Git, Subversion, JIRA, and Confluence.
- Linux would be beneficial, not essential.
- Software architecture design.
- Knowledge of Project Management tools and methods.
- New Product Introduction experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving, presentation and analytical skills.
- Team player with highly collaborative and positive attitude.
- Eager to learn new technologies, self-motivated, energetic approach.
- Demonstrable mentoring and training experience.
- Communicates effectively, listens sensitively, adapts communication to audience and fosters effective communication with others.
- Takes initiative and ownership.
- Resourcefulness – adapt to new / difficult situations and devise ways to overcome obstacles.
- Ability to both own and lead multi-disciplinary projects through the Project Realisation Process.
- Developing and managing 3rd party partnerships.
To apply for this Software Team Manager Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6512
IT Project Manager – Mid Level
Pay: £50,000 - £55,000
Ref No: RL6511
Azure Pre-sales Solutions Architect
Pay: £140,000 - £150,000
Ref No: RL6518
Collibra Solution Architect
Pay: £95,000 - £110,000
Ref No: RL6516
Software Team Manager
Ref No: RL6512