Location – Hybrid / Leicestershire
Salary – Up to £56,500 per annum
Benefits – Excellent Pension, and Social Benefits
Curo is collaborating with a Public Sector Client based in Leicestershire. They provide vital services to their communities in and around the county, and have forged excellent relationships with the local community, organisations and agencies, working towards a shared goal of making real improvements to quality of life for everyone. They offer a collaborative and supportive environment, and excellent benefits.
This role would suit a Solutions Architect, Consultant or Senior Engineer with strong experience of networking, designing, managing and implementing complex infrastructure and technology projects within a large organisation with relevant security checks. You will be involved in a real mix of projects, and support with the local implementation of national projects. This role does require 2 years plus design experience (HLD & LLD).
This opportunity would suit a candidate who –
- Can work with business, regional and national stakeholders to identify, plan, design and deliver new information technology, services and infrastructure across the Leicestershire region.
- Can further identify areas and opportunities to improve and support existing technology and critical infrastructure.
- Can be responsible for technical design, implementation, maintenance, security, final line support and budgeting for a wide range of national, regional, local and collaborative systems.
- Can provide technical expertise to resolve and to manage any and all IT related issues, and to be part of an on-call rota to provide out of hours emergency IT service.
Please note this role requires a candidate who is eligible to undergo DV Clearance.
You will be joining an established internal team of 12 Solution Architects, supporting with the local implementation of regional IT Projects. This position would suit a candidate with experience of conceptualising and identifying solutions, with the ability to take responsibility for all aspects of the design, implementation and technical management of enterprise grade systems and cloud platforms as necessary. This is a hybrid position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- As a Technical Solution Architect, the suitable candidate will (as part of a team) –
- Have the ability to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) to a technical and non-technical audience and present technical information in a clear concise way to a range of senior technical and operational/business stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with local, regional and national stakeholders and partners and lead the implementation of ICT projects, systems and services.
- Be able to work either independently or collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the best outcome for the organisation and a passion for maintaining existing skills and acquiring new capabilities via a mix of self-learning and formal training.
Education and Experience required:
- Qualified to a degree level in a Computer Science or Technology discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Software Development, Computer Engineering, etc.), hold a professional qualification in a relevant subject (e.g. MBCS or equivalent) or demonstrate work experience to an equivalent level.
- Experience of conceptualising and identifying solutions and to take responsibility for all aspects of the design, implementation and technical management of enterprise grade systems and infrastructure to include physical systems, virtual systems and cloud platforms as necessary.
- Demonstrable experience of taking ownership of a project throughout the full implementation lifecycle, of projects & systems, utilising appropriate methodologies and techniques. To include experience of planning and managing budgetary control over the lifecycle of a piece of software, infrastructure or system. Maintaining documentation of systems, processes and problems using the appropriate tools and techniques (e.g. UML, DFD, network diagram, etc.)
- Manage systems to suggest technical and system optimisations through a multi-year solution lifespan to maintain and enhance business benefits.
- Have experience and awareness of identifying and implementing appropriate system backup, recovery and business continuity processes.
- Demonstrate experience and a good working knowledge of implementing systems and services that conform to the requirements of internal and external security standards (e.g. relevant British and ISO standards, Cyber Essentials, NCSC and NIST).
- Have a strong understanding of infrastructure technologies and experience of utilising and implementing such technology in a secure and practical way, to provide a technical and infrastructure expert view for procurement decisions and to influence decisions based on best practice and current industry thinking.
To apply for this Solutions Architect job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6848
Hardware Asset Manager (Contract)
Pay: £110 Per Day
Duration: 240 Days
Ref No: RL7195
Security Architect (Contract)
Pay: £500 Per Day
Duration: 50 Days
Ref No: RL7193
Support Engineer (Contract)
Pay: £122 per day
Duration: 190 Days
Ref No: RL7186
Senior Engineer/Tech Lead
Pay: £45,000 to £50,000
Ref No: RL7185