Location: Nottingham – UK
Salary: £43,000 to £48,000 (DOE) + Benefits + On-call Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting-edge technologies. They support companies on their journey to digital transformation. They deliver digital technology to some of the world’s greatest organisations. The range of IT topics and industries are so diverse that no two projects are alike.
They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied, interesting, and exposing you to new technologies. With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing their customers’ infrastructures. Our client offers a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy. What they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live their shared values of teamwork and performance.
Our client is looking for an experienced, security cleared, Third Line SQL Server DBA who will join their team supporting major customers. The role will be based in their Nottingham office. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience providing specialised DBA support across Microsoft SQL Server database platforms. You will possess excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstrate the ability to make key technical decisions on your own accord. You should be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both face to face and on the telephone, whilst also having the ability to assess and prioritise tasks without close supervision.
- As a 3rd Line SQL Server DBA, you will be responsible for providing technical support for all in scope Microsoft SQL Server database environments in line with the organisation’s established policies and procedures, including new installations and upgrades.
- You will support defining, implementing and managing their customers’ SQL Server database environments in line with architectural standards.
- You will assist developers and other DBAs, including within the customer organisations, with developments, implementations, upgrades and ongoing maintenance of the database environments.
- You will be part of a support team that provides 24×7 on call support on a rota basis, with a requirement to be available for additional work outside of normal office hours, including weekends and bank holidays.
- Customer engagement will be key, and you will establish and maintain good relationships with the customer organisations, and the various service delivery teams.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing and deploying of SQL Server technologies on Windows and Virtual Platforms across development, test and production systems
- Providing solutions and workarounds to incidents/problems
- Working to SLAs and deadlines
- Reviewing services and application delivery
- Prioritising and managing several tasks at a single time
- Establishing a good working relationship with wider teams and customers alike
- Keeping up to date with advancements in technology
- Working with a variety of customers to gain a detailed understanding of their requirements
- Willingness to Travel (Infrequent)
- Document writing / process creation
You will have experience in:
- MS SQL Server 2008R2/2012/2014/2016/2017/2019
- Extensive knowledge of the supporting toolsets
- Good T-SQL knowledge
- Understanding of High Availability and Disaster Recovery, including working experience of Log Shipping, Data Mirroring, SQL Always On and WSFC
- Experience of working in a controlled ITIL environment with good understanding of control processes and procedures
- Knowledge of – sizing, capacity planning and benchmarking, backup and recovery, performance tuning, proactive monitoring and alerting
- Excellent decision making/problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- UK based, SC cleared or eligible
- Understanding of MS SQL Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Understanding of MS SQL Integration Services (SSIS)
- Understanding of MS SQL Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Database architecture, design and implementation
- Knowledge of scripting (PowerShell, CommandShell, .Net)
- Experience of mentoring, coaching and training junior staff
- Knowledge of ITIL, ISO 20000 & ISO 27000
- Understanding of patch and deployment methodologies
- Exposure to Virtualisation technologies (VMWare, XenServer and HyperV)
- Exposure to Cloud computing (Azure, AWS)
- Any knowledge of other RDBMS technologies, including Oracle, MySQL and Sybase would be advantageous
To apply for this SQL DBA Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6290
IT Project Manager – Mid Level
Pay: £50,000 - £55,000
Ref No: RL6511
Azure Pre-sales Solutions Architect
Pay: £140,000 - £150,000
Ref No: RL6518
Collibra Solution Architect
Pay: £95,000 - £110,000
Ref No: RL6516
Software Team Manager
Ref No: RL6512