Storage Consultant Job
Location: Remote – UK Wide
Salary: £65,000 to £70,000 (DOE) + Benefits including Car Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting edge technologies. They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied and interesting and exposing you to new technologies.
With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures. My client offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy, what they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
Our client is looking for a Storage Consultant with an in-depth design and delivery experience including understanding predominantly in Dell EMC Storage products, specifically Unity and Isilon (PowerScale), but also a good understanding of other vendor technologies such as HPe, Pure and NetApp.
As a Consultant you will deliver post sales technical consultancy for our clients. This includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, large scale deployment solutions and designing solutions for products within your recognised area of expertise.
You will be responsible for:
- Serving as a technical point of contact in the delivery of Dell EMC Storage solutions and technically input to the design and implementation of Dell EMC based solutions
- Working closely with customers to ensure you understand their storage requirements and implement solutions best suited to deliver these requirements
- Assisting with the gathering of data to help architects design new platforms for clients
- Attending and presenting at customer workshops and meetings
- Providing technical support as requested, for internal and external customers
- Producing/updating all assignment documentation. Undertaking knowledge transfer to customer or third-party personnel
- Keeping up to date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Maintaining vendor accreditations and certifications whilst driving your own enablement and training plans
- Keeping up-to-date with current and future technologies, products and strategies
- Adhering to management standards, security standards, good practice, and legislation
- Working as part of a team on larger solutions
You will have experience in:
- 5+ years of hands on design and delivery related work around Dell EMC Disk Storage Solutions, particularly Isilon/Powerscale, Unity, PowerMax and PowerStore
- Relevant certifications such as Dell EMC Certified Specialist accreditation
- SAN switching technologies
- Technical services consulting expertise
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and network problems
- Identifying and responding to complex issues and assignments
- Determining when issues should be escalated to a higher level.
- Applying methodical approach to issue definition and resolution.
- Analytical and systematic approach to issue resolution.
- Good knowledge of Cloud technologies relating to Dell EMC’s products
- Data Protection products such as Veeam, Avamar, Networker, NetBackup, Rubrik etc.
- Consideration given for experience in other vendor storage platforms (HPe Nimble/Simplivity, Pure, Netapp etc.)
- SC or Compellent
- Converge and Hyper-converged compute (e.g. VXRail, Nutanix) solutions
- An understanding of operating systems and virtualisation platforms such as vSphere, AHV, Hyper-V, Linux, Windows
- An understanding of private & public cloud deployment concepts and basic networking understanding, such as IP subnets, security groups, routing, firewalls.
- Some knowledge of scripting/automation skills
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud vendors
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud Data Protection methods
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field – or very significant experience required
- Clearance at SC level
To apply for this Storage Consultant Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6153
Infrastructure Security Consultant Job
Pay: £65,000 - £70,000
Ref No: RL6178
Data Engineer Consultant Job
Pay: £65,000 - £70,000
Ref No: RL6170
Data Visualisation Consultant Job
Pay: £65,000 - £70,000
Ref No: RL6171
Cyber Security Expert Job
Ref No: RL6172