Talend Data Engineer
Location: Remote, UK Wide, with 1 day per week in London
Salary: £85,000 to £90,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is a leading professional services firm dedicated to helping progressive enterprises improve data management and business analytics. They are an elite team of functional and technical experts focused at the convergence of Enterprise Performance Management, Data Management, Business Intelligence and CRM. They believe in the power of connected data.
They see technology as a great enabler for driving business results and fully embrace cloud computing and the innovation that is occurring in big data so that their clients can move faster. They are creative problem solvers. The more challenging the work the better. They help their clients gain competitive advantage and drive exceptional results by unlocking the power of data. They pride themselves on building transparent and constructively honest relationships by working collaboratively with their clients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Talend Data Engineer to join their growing team. The role will suit someone with experience in managing client projects and in handling vast amounts of data – working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques. As part of this role, you will play a key role on projects from a data engineering perspective, working with their Architects and clients to model the data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing secure, best practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Acquiring, ingesting, and processing data from multiple sources and systems into Big Data platforms
- Creating and managing data environments in the Cloud
- Collaborating with their business analysts and data scientists to map data fields to hypotheses and curate, wrangle, and prepare data for use in their advanced analytical models
- Managing and monitoring the data integration process
- Having a strong understanding of Information Security principles to ensure compliant handling and management of client data
You will have experience in:
- Work with open source and branded open source frameworks
- Projects within the cloud ideally AWS, Azure, GCP or Snowflake
- Agile delivery projects and a consulting setting, often working on different and multiple projects at the same time
- Strong experience working with Talend
- Working with a variety of ETL/ELT tools like Matillion, Streamsets preferred
- Strong development background with experience in at least one scripting, object oriented or functional programming language, etc., Python, Java, Scala, C#, R, BASH
- Version control tools such as GitHub, Bitbucket
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across a number of sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner.
- Experience on client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams
- Cloud architecture with data lake
- Interest in Big Data technologies (Spark / NoSQL DBs)
- Familiarity with real-time ingestion and streaming frameworks is a plus
- A deep personal motivation to always produce outstanding work for your clients and colleagues
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill-sets and background
- Leading a team and driving them go deliver results
- Solution delivery
To apply for this Talend Data Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6506
Product Line Manager
Ref No: RL6650
Commercial Director – Data & Analytics
Pay: £150,000 - £170,000
Ref No: RL6646
Identity & Security Consultant / Architect
Pay: £70,000 - £100,000
Ref No: RL6310
Principle Data Scientist
Pay: £40,500 - £51,000
Ref No: RL6642