Talend ETL Developer
Location: Remote, UK Wide, with 1 day per week in London
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is a leading professional services firm dedicated to helping progressive enterprises improve data management and business analytics. They are an elite team of functional and technical experts focused at the convergence of Enterprise Performance Management, Data Management, Business Intelligence and CRM. They believe in the power of connected data.
They see technology as a great enabler for driving business results and fully embrace cloud computing and the innovation that is occurring in big data so that their clients can move faster. They are creative problem solvers. The more challenging the work the better. They help their clients gain competitive advantage and drive exceptional results by unlocking the power of data. They pride themselves on building transparent and constructively honest relationships by working collaboratively with their clients.
Our client is looking for an experienced Talend ETL Developer to join their growing team. The role will suit someone with experience in managing client projects and in handling vast amounts of data – working on database design and development, data integration and ingestion, designing ETL architectures using a variety of ETL tools and techniques. As part of this role, you will play a key role on projects from a data engineering perspective, working with their Architects and clients to model the data landscape, obtain data extracts and define secure data exchange approaches. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in end-to-end data management for cutting edge Advanced Analytics and Data Science. The role offers 4 days of remote working per week with 1 day per week required in their London office.
You will be responsible for:
- Working on multiple Talend products (DI, ESB, MDM) with a good understanding of Talend roadmap and highly experienced in Talend DI project
- Talend DI suite of tools, and executing secure, best practice data integration strategies and approaches
- Designing the area of Talend DI, ESB cloud and promotion of code into various environments
- Using and contributing to community of practice (especially Talend)
- Training junior members in Talend DI
- Working as ETL developer who is responsible for data movement and transformation across various data assets
- Building roadmap for the ETL practice for SaaS and providing leadership with an on-going focus on reusability, scalability, and innovation within the community of practice
You will have experience in:
- Migrating data from Cloud storage using ETL tool to different data warehouses like Snowflake, Redshift, etc.
- Must have worked in at least 3 to 4 Talend DI projects
- Hands on experience in Talend DI with database and file handling
- Functional, Unit and Data testing of Talend jobs
- Scheduling and monitoring the jobs and fixing issues
- Expert in data cleansing, integration, standardization, transformation, and aggregation across the layers
- Creating ETL Jobs and web services using TALEND
- Working with version control tools such as GitHub, Bitbucket and Nexus integration
- Data Warehousing experience, building operational ETL data pipelines across several sources, and constructing relational and dimensional data models
- Building Talend ETL jobs for validating the business logic and analyze the flow of jobs and take corrective measures on failures
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with clients in a clear, timely, and professional manner
- Self-motivated to establish outstanding working standards
- Strong knowledge in writing SQL execution test scripts
- Working with Agile Project
- Client-facing projects, including working in close-knit teams
- Working in a cloud architecture with data lake
- Building acquisition layer using Talend – for e.g. SAP integration using SAP – SNC or other approaches with different kinds of source systems
- Using Snowflake and Talend with Snowflake will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with real-time ingestion
- Excel in team collaboration and working with others from diverse skill sets and background
- Leading a team and driving them go deliver results
- Knowledge of Azure
To apply for this Talend ETL Developer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6561
Member of Technical Staff
Ref No: RL6751
2nd Level Service Desk Engineer
Pay: £24,000 - £26,000
Ref No: RL6735
Field Services Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6732
IT Support Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6731