Technical Consultant Job
Location: Remote – UK Wide
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 (DOE) + Benefits including Car Allowance
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is an established Enterprise level Microsoft Partner that prides itself on keeping up to date with cutting-edge technologies. They hold regular salary reviews and it is an excellent place to progress your career. There are an abundance of differing projects, keeping your role varied, interesting, and exposing you to new technologies.
With about 16,000 employees worldwide and a global revenue of £5.05 billion (2019), they work at the heart of digitisation, advising organisations on IT strategy, implementing the most appropriate technology and managing our customers’ infrastructures. My client offer a friendly, open working environment without too much fuss about hierarchy, what they look for are professionals with diverse competencies, personalities and strengths who want to live our shared value of teamwork and performance.
As a Technical Consultant you will have strong focus on Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies. The role will involve extensive travel throughout the UK. You will be responsible for delivering both pre and post-sales technical consultancy to their customers, this includes the design, implementation and configuration of complex, large scale Windows based deployment solutions. In addition, you will provide pre-sales support to internal and external customers in defining complex technical solutions.
This is a predominately client facing role and you will need to have proven skills in a customer facing position, designing and implementing Microsoft desktop and deployment technologies to corporate or public sector organisations.
You will be responsible for:
- Designing and implementing complex technical solutions
- Supporting infrastructure technologies
- Supporting sensitive customer issues at a senior level
- Contributing to bid, project and technical documents
- Providing input into business case development
- Presenting to customer and internal workshops
- Undertaking individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions
- Ensuring consultancy assignments are undertaken consistently and with quality, using Prince2 and Agile methodologies
- Highlighting all technical risks ensuring that company’ exposure to commercial loss can be minimised
- Keeping up to date with current and future market developments, competitors, technologies, products and strategies
- Keeping certificates up to date and gain additional certificates determined by the business’s priorities
- Producing/updating all assignment documentation
- Identifying other service and sales opportunities
- Building and developing relationships with key stakeholders across business.
- Building and enhancing relationships with peers and company’s sales force (Account Managers, Client Directors, Sales Specialists)
- Developing relationships with partners and vendors to enhance opportunities and capabilities for the practice
You will have experience in:
- Desktop deployment – enterprise deployments of Windows
- Desktop configuration (ADK, MDT, creation of Task Sequences,)
- Deployment and Management Toolset(s) – Microsoft Endpoint Manager (Configuration Manager and Intune)
- Desktop productivity suite configuration and deployment
- Desktop security products knowledge – BitLocker and Microsoft Defender Suite
- Directory and Network Services – creation of group policy objects for desktop operating systems
- Scripting – PowerShell / VBScript
- Microsoft Desktop Optimisation Pack (MDOP) – App-V / MBAM
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Desktop virtualisation – Citrix Workspace, VMware Horizon, Azure Virtual Desktop, Windows 365
- VMware Workspace One UEM
- Apple Device Management – Jamf
- Google Enterprise and Google for Education
- Microsoft Managed Desktop
- Microsoft Active Directory and Windows Server knowledge
- 1E – Nomad
To apply for this Technical Consultant Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6079