Technical Specialist (2nd / 3rd Line)
Location – Birmingham – Hybrid (1-2 days’ work from home)
Salary – £35 – £40K per annum DOE
Benefits – Life Insurance, 25 Paid Training Days, 20 days holiday raising to 25 with length of service, Pension.
Curo are partnering with a forward thinking MSP, who support their clients to reach their potential, by giving them the tools they need in a secure, centrally managed environment. Users are at the heart of everything they do. Their key purpose is to be a reliable face of IT. Helping their customers to grow through technology whilst being honest, upfront and straightforward. They keep their partners ahead of the competition by understanding their needs and the technological landscape, helping them make the best decisions and succeed. This is a small MSP, with excellent potential to grow into a bigger Microsoft Partner.
We are searching for a 2nd / 3rd line Engineer, who is willing to be part of the companies’ journey. This is an exciting opportunity, to become a pivotal player, in the businesses growth plan. This role would suit an ambitious 2nd Line Engineer, or perhaps a 3rd Line Engineer with aspirations to become a Junior Architect, and oversee a small team.
This role would suit an up and coming, ambitious, 2nd or 3rd line support engineer, who has previous MSP experience, and excels at offering customers an excellent quality service, ensuring issues are resolved in a timely manner, and clients are kept informed. To be successful in this position you will need excellent communication skills, and the ability to build a good rapport with people swiftly. This is a fast paced environment, so would suit a candidate used to juggling numerous responsibilities, and ensuring that customers feel they have been well looked after, and their issues have been prioritised and solved swiftly, in line with set SLA’s. This role reports directly into the Service Desk Manager, and may also have the responsibility of overseeing a small team of Apprentices, or potentially supporting the Service Desk Manager to do so.
- Acting as a first / senior point of contact for all escalations on the service desk (Tickets).
- Capturing and recording information required to correctly prioritise tickets.
- Conduct high level technical analysis of current and future client’s infrastructure.
- Resolving technical tickets from the teams que.
- Work closely with the projects lead to assist with scoping and deployment.
- Communicating ticket progress with customer contact.
- Escalate tickets to next line within SLAs.
- Advise and adhere to basic recommended security guidelines.
- Provide ad hoc on-site assistance to customers within their premises.
- Identify trends in tickets to proactively address issues and suggest fixes.
- Achieving training goals set by your line manager in your Personal Development Plan.
- Create, update, and maintain technical documentation.
- Ensure that ISO documentation is always adhered to.
- Provide mentorship and training to peers.
- Excellent relationship with all team members, always working to complement their skills and knowledge with your own.
- Relationships and good lines of communication must be developed and managed with our clients and third party providers.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Microsoft Windows 10/11.
- Microsoft 365 (including administration and migration).
- Microsoft Teams.
- MDM Setup configuration and deployment (Intune, JamF).
- 2nd / 3rd Line Desktop support Experience.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and experience with DHCP, DNS, VPN
- Firewalls and Switches, Routers
- General telephony
- Good understanding of handheld peripherals e.g. iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.
- MAC OSX OS
- Troubleshooting printers
- Good technical and diagnosis aptitude is essential.
- Experience dealing with end-users in a support role
To apply for this Technical Specialist Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6479
IT Project Manager – Mid Level
Pay: £50,000 - £55,000
Ref No: RL6511
Azure Pre-sales Solutions Architect
Pay: £140,000 - £150,000
Ref No: RL6518
Collibra Solution Architect
Pay: £95,000 - £110,000
Ref No: RL6516
Software Team Manager
Ref No: RL6512