2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
My client is one of the UK’s leading technology services, solutions and support providers, with a passion for helping ambitious organisations and their people to succeed. They work with a wide range of clients, with an equally wide range of needs and ambitions, helping their clients transform the way they do business by providing them with flexible & secure platforms to operate on. They are one of the most awarded Microsoft partners in the UK, have a long track record of success, delivering truly transformational solutions and services for their clients. They employ well over 750 talented individuals in their offices in London, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Reading and Cape Town, South Africa, together with 21 long-established partners around the world, enabling them to deliver a truly global service.
The ideal candidate will have experience in 2nd line support role providing technical support to end users at client’s premises. This can include incidents, requests, troubleshooting for problems, or change control depending on the requirements of their customers.
You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as exceptional analytical and technical skills and continually look to improve on this. In addition, you will need to collaborate with the entire operations team with positive communication and sharing of knowledge and information. The Onsite Support Engineer must can work on their own daily but as part of a larger team. Incorporating Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Cloud and Citrix technologies remotely when the offices are closed, and happy to attend client site when required.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivery of high quality remote and onsite support on a range of technical incidents, requests and problems across the client base
- Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
- Responding to, handling incidents and escalating problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from logon to the resolution
- Performing administrative tasks user and server related
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams
- Helping support, train and mentor other team members
- Contributing fully as an active team member and ensure personal and team objectives are achieved.
- Having a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes
- Taking ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution.
- Ensuring SLA’s are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix.
- Application troubleshooting – Ask targeted questions and apply accurate troubleshooting.
- Always maintaining a professional relationship with clients and peers and act as an ambassador for organisation.
- Utilising excellent customer service skills and exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Reporting customer feedback and potential product request
- Maintaining a personal development plan with Line management
You will have experience in:
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing IT Support in a commercial environment on the following technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Windows Servers (full range)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
- Local Area Networking
- Symantec Products
- Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
- Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
- Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
To apply for this 2nd Line Support Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6060
Senior Software Engineer
Ref No: RL7075
IT Service Desk Engineer
Pay: Upto £25,000
Ref No: RL7076
Cloud Operations Engineer
Pay: Up to £60,000
Ref No: RL7059
Ref No: RL7060