On-Site Field Engineer
Location: London (fully on site)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 (DOE)
Benefits – Pension, Life Insurance, Income Protection, Healthcare Plan, Discounted Private Medical & Dental, Wellness Platform, IT Equipment Purchase Scheme, Birthday Leave, Wedding Extra Leave, Personal Development & Training Courses
Start Date: ASAP
NOTE: Please note that you must be eligible for SC Clearance to apply.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading technology services, solutions and support providers, with a passion for helping ambitious organisations and their people to succeed. They work with a wide range of clients, with an equally wide range of needs and ambitions, helping their clients transform the way they do business by providing them with flexible & secure platforms to operate on.
This role would suit a candidate with good on-site 2nd line support experience, including excellent hands on hardware experience (laptop builds for new starters, fixing broken hardware, and getting hands on with equipment to ensure that it is functioning properly). When on-site you are the face of the company, and as such we are keen to find a candidate who enjoy building face to face rapport with the on-site users, getting to know them in order to build an excellent understanding of their needs. Initially you will be supported by an experienced on site engineer, who will train you until you are confident that you can manage solo. Once you are up and running, you may be left to manage that clients IT needs on a sole basis, so the role requires a candidate, who is comfortable with that level of responsibility. You will benefit from expert technical support from HQ, for any issues that are beyond your expertise, so will not be alone.
Generally you will stay with your allocated client for 3-6 months, and then may change sites, so will broaden your exposure to different sectors, and really hone your skills. Some of the larger sites may have a team of engineers, and the smaller ones, 1-2, so the plan is always to match you to the clients you will work well with. Day to day you will be dealing with incidents, requests, troubleshooting problems, or change control depending on the bespoke requirement of your allocated customer. We are looking for individuals with excellent soft skills, who are looking for a long term opportunity. This role will include providing support for Microsoft, Dell, Cisco, Symantec, Azure Cloud and Citrix technologies.
There is excellent progression opportunity, and you will be offered the opportunity to upskill with relevant certification and study days off work.
- Delivery of high quality onsite support on a range of technical incidents, requests and problems across the client base.
- Providing hands on support with hardware including the setup and build of laptops for new users, to fixing broken laptops, and effectively troubleshooting hardware issues that arise.
- Responding appropriately to, and effectively resolving, customer incidents, queries or complaints.
- Responding to, handling incidents and escalating problems on the variety of platforms and supported networks from start to finish.
- Performing administrative tasks, both user and server related.
- Involvement and presence in core Virtual Teams.
- Ensuring an appropriate level of security is maintained.
- Helping support, train and mentor other team members.
- Contributing fully as an active team member and ensuring personal and team objectives are achieved.
- Having a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach; solving problems within strict SLA timeframes.
- Taking ownership of incidents assigned to you and managing them through to resolution.
- Application troubleshooting – Ask targeted questions and apply accurate troubleshooting.
- Always maintaining a professional relationship with clients and peers and act as an ambassador for the organisation.
- Utilising excellent customer service skills and exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Reporting customer feedback and potential product requests.
You will have experience in – the ideal candidate will have previous experience of providing on site IT Support in a commercial environment for the following technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Azure Cloud
- Hands on Hardware – Setting up and building laptops for new users, fixing broken hardware etc.
- Active Directory
- Office 365
- Windows Servers (full range)
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMWare)
- Local Area Networking
- Symantec Products
- Cisco LAN/WAN (routers, switches, ASAs)
- Routing / switching equipment including, but not limited to, Cisco, Dell, HP switches, routers and firewalls
- Citrix ( XenApp/XenDesktop)
- Formal IT qualification, ideally MCSE/MCITP or multiple MCPs massively advantageous
To apply for this On-Site Field Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL6060
IT Support Engineer – Part Time
Duration: 6 Months
Ref No: RL6818
Field Services Cover Engineer
Pay: £30,000 - £35,000
Ref No: RL6795
Onsite Support Engineer
Ref No: RL6788
HPC Technology Consultant
Pay: £70,000 - £80,000
Ref No: RL6783