Senior Engineer/Tech Lead
Salary: £45,000 to £50,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Curo provides a collaborative approach to solving Microsoft partner challenges with trusted, people-centric solutions. We have been working with Microsoft Consulting Services for many years, and with a plethora of Microsoft channel partner engagements under our belt, Curo has evolved to become a pioneer in Microsoft consulting solutions. Born in IT services, we take a partnership-led approach to every engagement, working collaboratively with our clients to help them overcome their business challenges. Curo supports some of the most high-profile Microsoft channel partners in the UK, not only providing access to the best people, but creating solutions that deliver critical business outcomes for long-term success.
We are seeking a visionary and experienced Senior Developer / Technical Lead to help us to innovate. This role is pivotal in the technical leadership of Curo. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and experiences, as we believe diverse perspectives drive innovation.
You will have proven experience in:
- Highly experienced in C# development, with experience in web-based (ASP.NET / MVC) and Office development.
- Experience using Source Code Control Systems; experience with Azure DevOps or equivalent DevOps technologies is beneficial.
- Highly experienced in development access to SQL server, writing efficient T-SQL to extract data for online applications, reporting and data warehousing. Ability to write queries.
- A knowledge of Power BI to build visually appealing dashboards is desirable.
- Knowledge of AI principles, and experience with Azure AI or development with similar AI technologies is beneficial.
- A working knowledge of Office 365 and Azure AD tenant administration.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Connection and Office VBA is beneficial
Experience in technical leadership:
- Providing strategic technical leadership, guiding the development and implementation of cutting-edge IT solutions.
- A drive for quality and continuous improvement, ensuring applications and systems are kept current and fit for purpose.
- Mentoring team members in the current technical landscape, fostering a culture of continuous learning.
- Be active within the technical community, participating in meetups and forums to ensure Curo is known for its technical ability and thought leadership.
- Ensuring an efficient and friendly experience for colleagues when experiencing technical issues with their desktops, systems or Office 365 applications.
- Working with Curo colleagues to optimise processes and workflows, ensuring quality, pace and security in everything Curo does.
Advanced Technical Expertise:
- Using C# programming skills to build new systems, and to facilitate the transition from some legacy Access reporting to direct SQL server access.
- Using Power BI expertise to create sophisticated reports, contributing to data-driven decision-making.
- Working with Curo’s third party systems provider to maintain and optimise the IT infrastructure, ensuring its stability and scalability. Ensuring efficient, scalable and secure use of cloud technologies.
Innovation and Emerging Technologies:
- Driving the integration of Azure and AI technologies further into our systems, leading the development of innovative applications.
- Remaining current in the cloud and Microsoft technology landscape, to be able to help Curo with cutting-edge use of technology for innovation.
Collaboration and Flexibility:
- Collaborating with Curo’s colleagues, to ensuring technology is supporting Curo at its core.
- Exhibiting flexibility in tackling a diverse range of tasks, from high-level strategic planning to hands-on technical contributions.
Security and DevOps Leadership:
- Establishing and championing a secure Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), ensuring the highest standards of data security.
- Leading and implementing DevOps practices, guaranteeing efficient and reliable software releases.
- Equivalent work experience or education in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Proven leadership experience in a senior technical role, with a strong emphasis on strategic planning and execution.
- Extensive experience in IT support, system administration, and programming, with a mastery of C#.
- Proficiency in Power BI and a track record of leveraging it for sophisticated data analysis and reporting.
- In-depth knowledge of Azure technologies, with an open-minded approach to diverse perspectives and innovative solutions.
- Expertise in secure SDLC and a demonstrated ability to implement and lead DevOps practices.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a leadership capacity.
To apply for this Senior Engineer/Tech Lead job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL7185
VxRail Engineer – SC Cleared (Contract)
Pay: £388 Per Day
Duration: 120 Days
Ref No: RL7248
VMWare Consultant (Contract)
Pay: £438 per day
Duration: 120 Days
Ref No: RL7311
Solution Architect (Contract)
Pay: £646 per day
Duration: 140 Days
Ref No: RL7312
Implementation Specialist (Contract)
Duration: 5 Months
Ref No: RL7313