Support Engineer (Contract)
Our Leading Global Enterprise client is looking for a Hardware Engineer to join their exciting team.
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 190 Days
Rate: £122 per day (please note, Employer NI is paid for by the client)
IR35 Status: Inside
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills and a desire to support end users face to face.
- Take ownership of IT issues and work to resolve or assign to the correct support group.
- Perform 1st & 2nd deskside support to the customer’s client. Use troubleshooting skills and knowledge to determine the root cause of a fault to resolve or re-assign to the correct team.
- Support IT Tech bars and drop in clinics as well as assisting with floor walks when required.
- Perform IMAC activities at the deskside
- Update asset management tool in line with documented procedures.
- Manage all assets within their control.
- Document and report on work completed within the Service Management tool ServiceNow. Creating and updating tickets for all assistance provided.
- Escalate issues in line with Company processes to ensure customer demands are met.
- Ensure Department/Contract meets SLA performance targets.
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction levels.
- Provide local hands and eyes assistance to remote support groups.
- Understand and adhere to Company and Customer policies and procedures.
- Complete all required Customer training to adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements and to understand Customer processes.
- Keep skills up to date with IT industry standards as appropriate to the role/Contract
- Utilise the knowledge database available, identifying gaps or the need for improvements.
- Exhibit routine administrative skills and good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Demonstrates awareness of health and safety at work.
- Contribute to the development of technical procedures and standards to meet business and customer requirements.
- Possess the ability to adapt quickly to dynamic team environments to maintain a consistent effective contribution.
- Act as a role model for colleagues providing guidance around technical and behavioural competencies to ensure sharing of internal best practice.
- The desire to achieve and maintain the highest level of customer experience at all times. With proven experience of providing face to face customer support.
- Excellent communication skills to work with IT support group and keep customers informed.
- Proven knowledge and expertise within a Microsoft Windows environment (ideally within an enterprise domain business model) including familiarity with Active Directory, software deployment technologies (SMS, SCCM, etc.), Group Policy Objects and remote control methods.
- Proven desktop support knowledge and expertise specifically for Windows 10 operating systems, Office 365, MS Intune and Lenovo desktop and laptop hardware.
- Knowledge and expertise in supporting Apple Mac OS and iOS software desirable.
- Experience in setting up and deploying mobile devices is desirable.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in supporting Microsoft Office applications especially Outlook and Teams.
- Experience in the use of cloud based storage solutions such as MS OneDrive and Box.
- Knowledge of client antivirus software within an enterprise environment.
- Aware of the importance of asset management and their role in updating asset inventory details.
- Ability to work in a customer oriented support role manning a customer drop-in desk in addition to performing floor walking to extend support right to the customer’s workspace.
- Demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to resolving complex problems and assignments.
- Demonstrate an organized approach to work, and an ability to effectively troubleshoot issues. Working to resolve or direct to the correct support group.
- Knowledge and experience of ServiceNow is desirable.
- Customer focussed, happy to provide great service to users in a professional environment.
- Act as a team player demonstrating good interpersonal skills.
- Highly organised and able to tackle things without supervision
- Ability to work both independently as well as collaborating in a fast-paced team environment where technology and customer requirements can change
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
To apply for this Support Engineer Contract job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL7186
VxRail Engineer – SC Cleared (Contract)
Pay: £388 Per Day
Duration: 120 Days
Ref No: RL7248
VMWare Consultant (Contract)
Pay: £438 per day
Duration: 120 Days
Ref No: RL7311
Solution Architect (Contract)
Pay: £646 per day
Duration: 140 Days
Ref No: RL7312
Implementation Specialist (Contract)
Duration: 5 Months
Ref No: RL7313