Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Hybrid / Junction 27 (M1) / Nottinghamshire Vicinity
Salary: Up to £60,000 per annum (Which includes 10K Supplement)
Benefits: Excellent pension (49% Employer Contributions), Generous Holiday and Flexible Working
Curo is collaborating with a public sector client based in the East Midlands / Nottinghamshire vicinity. This is a collaborative unit with Team Members across Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire and Nottinghamshire. This is an exciting and fast paced division, and you will form part of a small, and dedicated team.
Please note this role requires a candidate who is eligible to undergo SC Clearance.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of cloud fundamentals including deployment methods, security of cloud solutions, cost management, and use these to improve the infrastructures deployed and managed for the units’ workloads. You will use your cloud engineering expertise to design cloud infrastructures in line with business needs, assisting the department to evolve their cloud capabilities over time. You will keep an eye on new developments in the cloud space and continuously develop your own capabilities that support their journey in the cloud. This is currently an AWS focused department, so this role would suit a candidate with cloud experience primarily in AWS, however Azure and GCP would be an excellent bonus, as they may go multi cloud in time. They are moving towards IaaS, so we are looking for a cloud professional with DevOps skills. Hands on Git and Python experience is required. You will have experience working with DevOps and CI/CD tools (Such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Git) utilising deployment and process automation, with orchestration tools (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON, PowerShell, BASH, Go, or Python). We also require database experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, ETL techniques, and related data stores.
This Public Sector organisation is keen to ensure cloud computing facilitates the modernisation in the way they think about data and technology. This in turn will ensure improvements to their service to the public and the unit’s ability to tackle crime. As a Cloud Engineer you will design, build and operate scalable and reliable infrastructure solutions. This is fundamental to achieving the ambitions of their digital strategy.
- Manage relationships with internal and external partners including law enforcement, academia, industry and partners.
- Work as part of a wider technical team to develop approaches to multi-source data exploitation, cloud adoption, and process automation.
- Work on leading-edge projects, leading in cloud transformation and influencing technical decision making to assist in operations initiatives.
- Responsible for deploying core/foundational architectures across cloud platforms (networking, security, identity, DR, storage, subscription models, strategy & governance) for major Enterprise scale projects.
- Ensure systems are designed, implemented, and supported in-line with the availability and uptime requirements and identifying improvement opportunities to meet and exceed these metrics.
- Make designs decisions on CapEx and OpEx architectures, providing TCO documentation to inform operational budgets.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of Cloud Architecture, Data Centers, Storage, and Support systems. Alongside employing disaster recovery solutions and assisting with continuous improvement activities.
- Seek to enhance systems operations, with a focus on automation and minimising cost using CI/CD practices.
- Build automation scripts, processes and tools to deliver at a tactical level, with a strategic view on long-term interoperability and integration in line with local and national digital and cloud strategies.
- Oversee and respond to cloud incidents and security alerts.
- Provide support for production and non-production environments to ensure system uptime and expected service levels.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & experience:
- Significant experience in designing and deploying dynamically scalable, available, fault-tolerant, and reliable cloud operations using AWS (primarily), Azure, Google Cloud or other major cloud services would be great as a secondary skill set.
- Ability to select appropriate cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given Requirements.
- Experience working with DevOps and CI/CD tools (Such as Jenkins, Azure DevOps, Git) utilising deployment and process automation, with orchestration tools (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, YAML, JSON, PowerShell, BASH, Go, or Python)
- Database Experience, including knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, ETL techniques, and related data stores.
- Experience identifying and implementing operational cost-control mechanisms, overseeing operating budgets.
- Experience in analysing and mitigating security related issues and threats. Ability to deploy essential security measures as code.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks
- DevOps Engineering experience.
- Experience in business intelligence, big data, machine learning, and advanced analytics.
- Knowledge of web services, API, REST, and RPC.
- Project management experience in a technical setting, emphasising DevOps philosophy to oversee an organisations information technology business initiatives.
- Experience in developing software, using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
- Experience with the full software or systems development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, integration, testing, and implementation
To apply for this Cloud Operations Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL7059
Hardware Asset Manager (Contract)
Pay: £110 Per Day
Duration: 240 Days
Ref No: RL7195
Security Architect (Contract)
Pay: £500 Per Day
Duration: 50 Days
Ref No: RL7193
Support Engineer (Contract)
Pay: £122 per day
Duration: 190 Days
Ref No: RL7186
Senior Engineer/Tech Lead
Pay: £45,000 to £50,000
Ref No: RL7185