Salary – Excellent
Location – Crawley / Hybrid
Start Date – ASAP
Curo are partnering with a Global Company who deliver their B2B Customers cutting-edge technology. Their automated test and assurance solutions accelerate technology development in the lab, and ensure new products and services perform in the real world. They specialise in innovative products and services, which address the test, assurance, and automation challenges of new generation technologies: 5G, SD-WAN, Cloud, Autonomous Vehicles and beyond.
The company offers a friendly and collaborative culture, and benefits from excellent staff retention.
This role would suit a Qualified Accountant, with excellent experience in Accounts Preparation, within an international / Global commercial organisation. Ideally we would like 5 years Post Qualified experience. Hands on experience in a Group financial statutory accounting and consolidation role in an international environment is essential.
We are looking for a candidate with advanced Excel ability, confident in the analysis and preparation of data and reports for Senior Management. The successful candidate will have Mergers & Acquisition experience, as well as knowledge of IFRS (2 & 16), and new UK GAAP.
Working for the Head of Group Reporting & Internal Controls within a small head office finance team. There are two key aspects to this role –
- Financial accounting, group consolidation and reporting
- Providing finance support for ad hoc requests and Merger & Acquisition activity.
- Assist and oversee the preparation and review of the Group monthly consolidation close process and monthly data submissions from business units
- M&A support and other corporate finance activity
- Assist in the preparation of internal management reports and analysis
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts and the Interim Report, providing support with Annual Report production and process
- Key external audit contact
- PLC accounts and UK subsidiary statutory accounts preparation
- Consolidation adjustments and intra group eliminations
- Provide accounting support to business units
- Assist with technical accounting updates and new accounting standards (IFRS 2, 9, 15, 16)
- Assume responsibility for Group financial statement reporting areas i.e. SBP, goodwill impairment testing
- Assist in maintaining the financial control environment
- Assist with Group Treasury activity and reporting
- Financial modelling and analysis
- Specific ad hoc projects as directed
- Exposure to senior management team and CFO.
Qualifications and Relevant Experience:
- A qualified accountant with experience in accounts preparation (PQE of at least 5 years preferable)
- Experience in a Group financial statutory accounting and consolidation role in an international environment is essential
- Able to demonstrate a high level of competency in spreadsheet skills and in analysing and preparing data and reports for senior management
- M&A experience
- Knowledge of IFRS and new UK GAAP (IFRS 2 and IFRS 16 preferable).
- A calm, confident, approachable personality with a good sense of humour
- Comfortable dealing with employees at a senior level
- Good communicator
- Accurate, reliable and conscientious
- Able to take projects forward on own initiative
- Flexible and adaptable in a small team environment
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Good eye for detail
- Willing to go the extra mile when required.
To apply for this Group Accountant job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL7167
Hardware Asset Manager (Contract)
Pay: £110 Per Day
Duration: 240 Days
Ref No: RL7195
Security Architect (Contract)
Pay: £500 Per Day
Duration: 50 Days
Ref No: RL7193
Support Engineer (Contract)
Pay: £122 per day
Duration: 190 Days
Ref No: RL7186
Senior Engineer/Tech Lead
Pay: £45,000 to £50,000
Ref No: RL7185