IT Service Desk Engineer
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Bedford (Fully Onsite)
Salary: £25,000 + fantastic benefits
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is a Microsoft Gold Partner specialising in Enterprise Solutions, working closely with clients in in Public Sector.
Our client is looking for an experienced Level 1.5 Service Desk Engineer to join their team and provide support to one of their many clients based in Bedford. They are looking for a keen IT professional and who has started their career in IT service desk and support and has some experience working in the technology industry. This means you understand the process when it comes to taking ownership of tickets allocated to you and managing them through resolution or escalation. You ensure Service Level Agreements (“SLAs”) are met and so troubleshooting, maintaining and supporting a wide range of systems is just as important to you as answering queries and complaints, reporting client facing risks and customer feedback. You will be part of the Service delivery function/ team. This means you`re a team player open to collaboration, ensuring personal and team objectives are achieved and will have further guidance when needed. You will be required to work fully onsite from their office in Sharnbrook, Bedford .
- 1-2 years’ experience as a service desk engineer supporting SME’s.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a field services role supporting SME’s.
- Experience of working in a customer facing role
- Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements
- Meeting SLA’s and client expectations
- Log all customer issues, queries, and requests into the ticket management system;
- Provide level 1.5 server, network, and desktop technical support, diagnosing customer issues, and providing a high level of first time fix;
- To action hardware configurations and software installations.
- Manage and work to internal and customer SLA’s, escalating any concerns.
- Create and maintain customer specific infrastructure documentation.
- End to end ownership of problem resolution.
- Managing client expectations through clear communications.
- Take responsibility for own continual professional development, ensuring up to date industry and technical knowledge.
- Veeam backup and replication
- MS Windows Server Technologies (Intermediate knowledge)
- Office 365 – key area
- Active Directory
- VMWare VSphere
- Firewalls, Router, Switches & VPN Technologies
- Firewalls, Routers & VPN’s – install, configure & troubleshoot.
To apply for this IT Service Desk Engineer job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL7076
Hardware Asset Manager (Contract)
Pay: £110 Per Day
Duration: 240 Days
Ref No: RL7195
Security Architect (Contract)
Pay: £500 Per Day
Duration: 50 Days
Ref No: RL7193
Support Engineer (Contract)
Pay: £122 per day
Duration: 190 Days
Ref No: RL7186
Senior Engineer/Tech Lead
Pay: £45,000 to £50,000
Ref No: RL7185