Service Desk Engineer
Location: Worcester, UK
Salary: £28,000 to £32,000 (DOE) + Fantastic Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Please note this role unfortunately does not offer sponsorship.
Our client is a Network Service provider and is a Microsoft Silver Partner. They work with a variety of clients in Midlands offering services such as IT Support, Back-up & Disaster Recovery, Security & Data Storage as well as IT Consultancy. They are expanding their team and are looking for a Service Desk Engineer.
Our client is looking for an experienced Service Desk Engineer to join their team on permanent basis. As part of this role, you will be responsible for maintaining customers’ managed services. In addition to the above, you will also be responsible for trouble shooting and diagnosing computer hardware and software issues, setting up computer networks and assisting customers with IT-related problems. You will be reporting to Service Desk Manager.
You will have experience in:
- A good understanding of PC Hardware, networking & routing
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products and operating systems
- Ideally, some knowledge of Apple products
- Some Microsoft 365 & Active Directory experience
- Experience with Apple and Microsoft core systems, including but not limited to Windows 7/8/10, Windows Server, Apple OS/iOS.
- Awareness of various networking protocols: TCP/IP, IPV4, IPV6.
You will be responsible for:
- Answering and logging all support calls into their CRM system
- Providing 1st line and 2nd line technical support, responding to support queries to all their customers.
- Maintaining a high degree of customer service when responding to support issues
- Installing and maintaining hardware and software.
- Using a variety of software packages to produce documents and maintain policies/procedures, spread sheets and databases.
- Contacting third party suppliers in relation to support case.
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of industry best practices and service delivery standards
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Proven work experience in IT support or IT technician roles
- The ability to use initiative and creativity to solve problems & work well with others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of national or international industry regulations
- Extensive knowledge of relevant software tools and computer literacy
To apply for this Service Desk Engineer Job, please click the button below and submit your latest CV.
Curo Services endeavour to respond to all applications. However, this may not always be possible during periods of high volume. Thank you for your patience.
Curo Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Business for contract and temporary recruitment as well as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.
Job Reference: RL7095
Hardware Asset Manager (Contract)
Pay: £110 Per Day
Duration: 240 Days
Ref No: RL7195
Security Architect (Contract)
Pay: £500 Per Day
Duration: 50 Days
Ref No: RL7193
Support Engineer (Contract)
Pay: £122 per day
Duration: 190 Days
Ref No: RL7186
Senior Engineer/Tech Lead
Pay: £45,000 to £50,000
Ref No: RL7185